Thursday 14 June 2012

Dino-shark obsession


What’s one of my biggest pleasures in life? Reading! I absolutely love it! Can’t get enough of it. Crave it.

My parents introduced me to books at an early age and this included a weekly trip to the local library. I was obsessed with non-fiction books about sharks and dinosaurs and used to take the books out in turn. I think I read each book at least ten times! I did manage to get over my dino-shark obsession and moved on to read a selection of both non-fiction and fiction books.

I’m part of a book club and that means I get to read a real variety of books…some that aren’t necessarily my taste. I think that’s really helped me to branch out and I have enjoyed books that I might not have chosen to read.  I do have some favourite authors though and these are Margaret Atwood, Lionel Shriver, Paul Torday and Alan Bennett.

I enjoy reading most when I’m at home, curled up on the sofa with my Border Terrier Bo. Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment